[<--] Indice [-->]

From Andrew.Bacelis@directory.reed.edu (Andrew Bacelis)
Date 24 Nov 1999 16:06:28 PST
Subject globe_l: Germany: WTO GlobalActionDay

--- Forwarded Message from antiexpo2000-disc@gmx.de ---
>Subject: GlobalActionDay/AntiExpoInternational

Global Action day in Munich- resistance against Siemens and WTO

On the 30th of November, there will be actions of resistance against
neoliberalism, against the world economic system in different places all
over the world. We, the people from Munich who are working on international
contacts for the resistance against EXPO 2000, are also planing to do some
30th of November-action in our city, under the slogan: The WTO kills
people-let's kill the WTO!. As Munich is the central place of Siemens, we will do a
rally and a street party in front of the headquarters of this transnational
corporation. Siemens is one of the big corporations who will benefit from the
liberalisation of world trade, which means for the majority of people,
especially in the so-called Third World, nothing else than growing poverty and
exploitation.
There are a lot of reasons to destroy Siemens: Siemens makes profit with
the exploitation of low-paid workers in the computer industrie, Siemens
has a leading position in arm trade and in nuclear technology. Further,
Siemens is benefitting a lot from german imperialist politics, for example in
former yugoslawia, where germany is establishing itself more and more as a
colonial power. Siemens is also one of the german corporations who refuse to
fulfill the demands for financial compensation for the millions of people who were
exploited as slaves in german industry during the time of nazi-fascism.
Siemens is also one of the most important participants of EXPO 2000 next
year in Hanover. The nuclear reactor FRMII, which is built in Munich at
the moment by Siemens, is one of the objects which will be shown on the EXPO
2000.
With our action in Munich, we hope to show how the structures of
exploitation in the place where we are living are linked with worldwide of economic
strategies, which will be discussed during the WTO conference in Seattle. We
want to put our local activities in a global context of struggles for
emancipation. With the same intention, we are organising our activities against
EXPO 2000. We hope that our actions will help a little bit to improve
discussions and network structures with other groups on an international level.

Solidarious greetings from munich
No justice, no peace!

P.S.: In Berlin, there will also be a protest parade against neoliberalist
strategies of removing poor, non-conformist and "non-german" people from
the inner city.

Kontakt: Anti Expo 2000, c/o Infoladen, Breisacher Str. 12, 81667 M¸nchen
Fax: 089/480 20 06

                               -

                               -

G            L            O            B           E

european counter network
contact e-mail : samizdat@ecn.org
www.ecn.org/samizdat
envoi de messages sur la liste :  globe_l@ecn.org