[<--] Indice [-->]

From Wash <wash@ecn.org>
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:24:59 +0200
Subject globe_l: Gabby Wolf, objecteur israČlien en taule (en anglais)

Dear friends,

CO Gabriel Wolf's mother, Barbara, received the news that Gabby has been

denied the right to make telephone calls in prison as punishment for bad

behaviour (in fact, he has made no call home since his first day in
prison
as a result of this restriction). She received no further information
about
what sort of 'bad behaviour' it was, as well as about what other
disciplinary measures have been taken against him.

We have grounds to assume that the 'bad behaviour' at issue has to do
with
Gabby's refusal to have his hair cut in prison. We have also good
grounds to
suppose that Gabby has been held in the isolation ward ('agaf bidud') of
the
prison since the second day to his arrival there. This suspicion rests
both
on our knowledge of the prison authorities' general tendency to have any

'troublemaker' sent there, and on the fact that it would have been very
difficult technically to restrict Gabby's access to telephone in other
parts
of the prison.

If Gabby Wolf is indeed held in the isolation ward, this means that he
is in
great danger of being abused or otherwise mistreated by the prison
guards.
The isolation ward in notorious for that. the best means of preventing
or
discontinuing such mistreatment is to send urgent appeals to the prison
authorities raising the issue of Gabby Wolf's conditions of
imprisonment, as
well as the issue of prisoners' rights in general. It should be clear to
the
prison authorities that the world is watching and that everyone knows
what
is going on.

The mailing address and fax number of the military prison are repeated
below.

Commander of Military Prison No. 4,
Military Prison No. 4,
Military postal number 02507, IDF
Israel.
Fax: ++972-3-957-52-76

Best wishes,

Sergeiy Sandler
COI & New Profile

                               -

                               -

G            L            O            B           E

s a m i z d a t . n e t
european counter network
bureaucratie : bureaucratie@samizdat.net
messages sur la liste : globe_l@ecn.org