[<--] Indice [-->]

From Wash <wash@ecn.org>
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:25:57 +0200
Subject globe_l: objecteur israČlien en taule-suite (en anglais)

Dear friends,

Several hours ago, Gabby Wolf was allowed to make a five-minute
telephone
call to his mother. We cannot be sure, but it is likely that this was
allowed following your pressure. Well done indeed!

Following this phone call, we now know that:

- As suspected, Gabby is held in the isolation ward
- He is allowed to receive mail, but not to send out mail
- He is denied the possibility to have a shower
- He is denied both incoming and outgoing phone-calls (with today's
exception)

What this means is that pressure works, but there is still a lot left to
do.

Please continue sending appeals to all recipients on the list, with a
special emphasis on Gabby's jailing conditions. It is recommended that
copies of all appeals be sent to the prison commander, preferably by
fax.

The full list of addresses is repeated below, after the sample letter.

Thank you for your cooperation and action,

Sergeiy Sandler - COI & New Profile

-----

Sample letter:

Dear Madam/Sir

Gabriel Wolf (military personal number 7158325) is a conscientious
objector
to military service, held in Military Prison No. 4 in Tzrifin since 1
April.

I understand that Gabriel Wolf in the isolation ward of the prison, and
since 2 April has been denied the right to make phone calls, to write
letters and even to have a shower. This sort of treatment is an
intolerable
violation of prisoner rights. I protest it and demand it be stopped
immediately. I would also like to express my concern at the possibility
that
Mr. Wolf might suffer abuse in prison.

All this is aggravated by the fact that, as a conscientious objector,
Gabriel Wolf is not supposed to be in prison in the first place. I call
again for his immediate and unconditional release from prison, without
threat of further imprisonment in the future.

It appears that the Israeli military's disrespect of basic human rights
does
not stop at Israel's national border. Violation of Palestinian human
rights
goes hand in hand with violating the human rights of Israeli citizens. I

urge you to show greater respect to the human rights of all people in
the
future.

Sincerely yours

List of addresses:

Gabriel Wolf
Military Personal Number 7158325
Military Prison No. 4,
Military postal number 02507, IDF
Israel.

Commander of Military Prison No. 4,
Military Prison No. 4,
Military postal number 02507, IDF
Israel.
Fax: ++972-3-957-52-76

Chief Military Attorney,
Ha-Qirya,
Tel-Aviv
Israel.

Lt. Gen. Shaul Mofaz,
IDF Chief of Staff,
Ha-Qirya,
Tel-Aviv,
Israel.
Fax: ++972-3-569-55-94

Mr. Binyamin Ben-Eliezer,
Minister of Defence,
Ministry of Defence,
Ha-Qirya,
Tel-Aviv 61909,
Israel.
e-mail: sar@mod.gov.il
Fax: ++972-3-696-27-57 / ++972-3-691-69-40 / ++972-3-691-79-15

Mr. Ariel Sharon,
Prime Minister
Prime Ministers' Office,
Qiriat David Ben-Gurion
Jerusalem,
Israel.
e-mail: webmaster@pmo.gov.il
Fax: ++972-2-566-48-38 / ++972-2-651-26-31

Also, please send appeals to your local Israeli embassy.

                               -

                               -

G            L            O            B           E

s a m i z d a t . n e t
european counter network
bureaucratie : bureaucratie@samizdat.net
messages sur la liste : globe_l@ecn.org